Saturday, May 7, 2011

Wearable Tech: Video and conceptual statement



Ok, here's the video, hopefully it works. Lost my voice today so I had to type in what I wanted to say instead, hopefully it'll be back tomorrow.

For the project there's so much to talk about in this conceptual statement. I think the biggest issue was motivation and time management really. Since this project was individual and bridges over the holidays there's so much temptation to procrastinate. Also, because it's individual nobody's depending on you to do anything, which means less motivation to actually get in there and get productive. I think that was a huge issue for me, I never want to procrastinate ever again to be honest. Another idea is patience and practice. This was especially evident in soldering. Lots of people had to get more keyboards because their soldering burned out the ones they worked on. I didn't want that to happen to me so I did a lot of practice in soldering so that I can get it right the first time with the real board I'm using. What I found while working on this project is that taking numerous little breaks while working is far more effective than working on a project 10hours straight. At one point I wouldn't stop working on the project, eventually I got really tired, my brain got frazzled and I couldn't work anymore. I had to take a break. With taking heaps of small breaks you let your mind rest and leave the project for a little while. So when you come back it's easier to dive right back into your work. It doesn’t matter how much you plan, the end result will always be different to what you had in your plan. Even when I drew up developments of the designs when I got to making it in the real world off the drawings there were some aspects I had to change to make it work. A great example of that is the connector on the zip.

No comments:

Post a Comment