Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wearable Tech: Bits+Pieces


Compiled bits and pieces into one patch to have an overview of bits that I might be using. Will probably find more as I write the patch, I want to get this patch done, but I doubt it will go smoothly as any form of programming is not my strength. Doesn't mean I'll give up though. It will probably be easier to go looking around the net for patches and grabbing bits from other classmates and stick together bits and pieces. As always, all sources will be acknowledged.


This is the bit taken from Max help menu to find out the number of my keys so that I can put the keys in for specific actions in the program.


I spent all night tonight sewing the actual garment. It looks surprisingly good so I'm quite proud of it because I haven't sewn clothes in a long time. The last time was in college when I entered wearable arts. At that time I knew nothing about making clothes because it was my first time at it. So I'm really pleased with what I've got for the wearable device.


The next step would be to duct tape the wires to the middle bit over the chest and sew in the zip along with a final touch of fur. Before that I'll have to solder the springs on to each end of the switch and attach the metal wire on the slider in the zip as the connector.

No comments:

Post a Comment