Friday, April 29, 2011

Wearable Tech: Cutting and preparing fabric


Got around to cutting and preparing the fabric today. I draw the pattern on the back side of the fabrics so that I know where to cut.

The felt was really easy to cut, but I think for the garment it might not be a good idea to do two layers because the fabric gets too thick when put in two layers. Since the inside layer is to keep the wires from scratching/getting caught on clothing, I think I'll need to find an alternative to preventing that. On the bright side, I now have a spare in case I mess up on the first one.


Cutting the fur was really REALLY messy. I still love the texture though, so soft, warm and touchable. I believe this will lure the wearer into a false sense of security until the screen starts screaming. That is what I want.


Will really need to think about attaching the wires on this along with LEDs in the circuit.



With a spare just in case anything horrible happens it makes me think about how it can apply to other projects as well. The importance of having a backup in case everything fails. I think here thinking negatively is a good thing. It's good to assume that everything would turn out horribly wrong because at least you'll be prepared when the worst happens. To make thinking negatively work for you, it's also worthwhile to prevent any bad happening while expecting everything to go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment