Thursday, April 7, 2011

Western Pigs: Poster

Yesterday I didn't go in to uni at all since the rest of my team will be doing the audio at Jared's place where he has a really good setup for sound. I wasn't needed so I stayed at home and focused on making the poster while communicating with the other members through our group blog to get their take on poster ideas and how the poster should be made as well.

I made a really rough sketch of six poster ideas/concepts. I did three landscape ones to do something a little different for a movie poster, but that would make the DVD cover a little more difficult to make. My favourite ones were the bullet through type, bacon gun, and vulture one. Most of them were centered around typography rather than image. The vulture one was inspired by taxidermy jewellery, which I will write about in the journal that I'll be handing in as part of my documentation and research.

In the end this became the final poster. I made it portrait, as requested. I've actually never drawn people before, so I'm quite pleased that the characters came out all right. I think they came out well because I stylised what I couldn't do, such as the dimensions of features on the face. So they were simplified to simple colours and scribbles to give form. What I love the most is the contrast of the black, white, and red. It's my favourite colour combination and it really matches the western theme well with standoffs and the like. Another favourite part of it that I like is the bullet shooting through the letters.


As Gabe said, this poster could be improved although it is overall, a good one. I agree with that, the alignment of typography and the placement could be better. It could be developed further into a better poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment