Monday, April 25, 2011

Wearable Tech: Output graphics ideas


Did a little research for output. As I said before, for the output I want a really cold, horrible feeling in the graphics. The one above is by 'monavx on DeviantArt and the one below is by Anton Semenov, known as ~Gloom82 also on DeviantArt. I prefer to look for inspiration on DA because there's a lot of variety right there in just one place. You just need to be really good at looking for the lesser known artists with actual good work there.

In 'movavx's work I love the emptiness of it and how well his work captures that abandoned feeling. The use of positive-negative space is really effective too with limited colours full of contrast.


Semenov's illustrations are the coldest and scariest. He uses limited colours and the familiarity of the human form, then twists it around into weird arrangements of features. I think that's what makes his work so cold. I like it.

I'm thinking a palette of red, black, and white would be most effective. Will need to brainstorm on what exactly to draw. I'm thinking of using just still images coupled with horrible screaming or some other sound like in the scary maze game.




Hmmmmmm, now that I have the inspiration, I will need to find my own way to portray a feeling of coldness, hate, violence, horror, and so on. I don't think that would be too difficult, but it would require time so I will have to sort out my timing with everything else that's planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment