Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wearable Tech: Designs and some ideas for output

I thought more about what I wanted to do for the wearable device; how to make it fashionable and functional at the same time. The first idea of fashionable that came to me was using faux fur. Not only is it fashionable, but can also relate to the theme I'm after, which is primarily hate and anger. They're beastly feelings and reduce us to animals. It also links to the wolf in three little pigs.

I did a bit of research on fur in fashion. My favourite was the one above because it's simple and elegant. It doesn't make the wearer drown in fur either. There are differences between real fur and faux fur, but of course, for this project I will only get faux fur because I don't agree with using real fur. I'd want to use fur sparingly so that it doesn't look over done.

I drew up an initial design in my journal, then decided what I liked and what I didn't like about it, how practical it is, how to make it, how it would work with switches, weighed out pros and cons, then proceeded to draw more improved designs. The design of the actual interface appears to be coming along nicely, now I just need a plan on the output of what comes on screen or in the audio if I choose to do that too.



I know I'm progressing rather slowly, but I refuse to rush through anything and end up having to do everything all over again. "Slow and steady wins the race." Although I have to admit that the fact that it IS the holidays has made my good working habits run away to some beautiful secluded beach. I need more iron willpower and determination!!

No comments:

Post a Comment