Thursday, March 3, 2011

Situational shuffle

We started the situational shuffle yesterday and it was really fun working in a group. But there were a few things that I think we could have done better.

I think before we set off to get our data it probably would have been better to get an idea of what we were going to do so that we can shoot our photos, footage, and anything else we were collecting in a specific style so that something bigger and better could evolve from that. But I was so excited and eager to get started I didn't think of that, I think my team was too eager to start so that didn't come to mind. XD

Another issue we ran into was TIME. Think I'm going to say "Oh if we had more time..."? WRONG. I'd say it would be better if our time management was better. This would be super important for the rest of the year so that we can actually sleep when we get home.

Teamwork was great though; that's another important aspect. I think our communication between members was pretty good and we pieced the parts of the project we did individually together quite nicely. However, it could have been better if we had a clearer idea to start us off.

Then there's creativity. All of the instructions were open to interpretation and you could do pretty much whatever you wanted. That's up to the actuator. The reactions from the public had variations. Some thought we were weird, some thought we were annoying. Another example was when each member had very different ideas for the project which meant a compromise or voting session was in order. Creating is an art. Thus it is subjective from person to person. Your idea will never be loved by absolutely everyone, and your idea will never be hated by absolutely everyone either. Just like Juistin Bieber. Personally I hate him, but there are loads of people who love him too.

Planning + Teamwork + Time management = Success

No comments:

Post a Comment