Tuesday, March 8, 2011

MEARGH

Here's our second robot. This time we made our own design instead of following a step-by-step design for a tribot found online. Keeping with our character we put some crosses on it. However we ran across a problem with one cross, the huge one on the right in this picture. When I see it I think pinwheel, but some people might see the Nazi sign. We thought this might be a bit insensitive, so in the end we took it off. In designing things you really have to pay attention to symbols and what other people might see in your work to have some control over reactions to your designs.





We had some really hilarious mistakes. We fitted our touch sensors on to the robot...

Then we wondered why our touch sensors weren't working. Why the heck was the robot not processing what I programmed when its touch sensor gets pressed?









.......................................................it wasn't plugged in >.>














And that's our final robot beginning its little journey. We took some of the crosses off cos they got in the way and added more weight on the robot. We also adjusted the positions of the sensors so that they worked better. For example the colour sensor couldn't sense our chosen colour unless it was right at the sensor. So we put it hanging really close to the ground so that it can see our post-it notes.






I finally figured out how to program the sensors so that the robot can do more complex actions like see a colour, then change direction and so on. Only problem is after that people became too reliant on me to do all the programming. Then I misinterpreted what one member wanted me to program into the robot and they took out all their anger and frustration on me. So then I just stopped programming and made someone else do it and didn't help unless they asked me how to do whatever it is they wanted to do when they were stuck. I mean, if you think I'm going to be ultra useful and pumping to program everything and get yelled some more by frustrated member then you gotta be kidding yourself. Just because I know how to do TWO useful things in that program, which I haven't used before in my whole entire life, doesn't mean I know absolutely everything and it definitely doesn't mean I can magically read your mind and magically program your vision into the robot perfectly. I'm soooooooooooo sorry that it took billions of light years in extensive, scientific research by the greatest genius the world has ever seen to figure that out.

Teamwork is great and all, but if you're gonna treat your team mates like that and don't show understanding at all getting work done successfully is going to take a mighty long time and you probably won't enjoy the experience as much as you could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment