Thursday, October 13, 2011

Un-reality: Here




Full group is back V^^V Yay, so we got some work done today. Not as much as I hoped, but it's still something.

I did the last practice painting I'm going to do, which is shown above. I think that's my best one so far. Things I still need to improve on is perspective and lighting.

Tim brought in a really beautiful, old perfume bottle to show us. We won't use it though because it's an expensive antique.


He also brought in a strip of leather for Edrian to tie the journal closed. It adds a nice touch to the aged journal.


Edrian also did some amazing drawings as well.


Michelle and I got some little pots to hold the scents. An idea I had was to put the little pots inside eggshells so that it would be more interesting since when you crack the eggs open the scent would come out.

In my head it worked out like this:

Empty out the insides of the eggs as shown below.


Then cut the eggs in half, put in the pots, glue the halves back together and do paintings on the shell.

Tried cutting it in half with a craft knife since I didn't want to use special expensive tools to do it. Obviously it didn't work out as shown below.


An alternative is to use origami. It looks pleasing and they're easy to place. They're also cheap and easy to make.

I wasn't sure about suggesting origami as an option at first, because I know that it's an obsession of mine and I don't know if the rest of the group would like it too. But they approve of using origami as well so I'm glad.


Group dynamics:

Energy is down in the atmosphere today, but still made some progress so that's good. I know that Jason is feeling useless because he's not doing much yet, but rest assured when it's his time to work he will do it well. I think the problem is because a lot of his work is post-production of various objects. For example, he can't edit the film until we actually have footage and he can't set up speakers either until the day comes and until we have definite locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment