Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Nightingale floor: Main Frame


Began and finished constructing the main frame for the floor today. Ben and I marked out the angles to cut off the ends of some of the wood in the frame so that they could fit together nicely while Jenna headed back to the studio to get going on the programming side of our project.

But on the first go we mucked up some of the angles of the cuts because at first we didn't realise that the angle you scribe in your lines has to be parallel to the line that marks the division of the inner angle of the frame in two. This made a part of the frame far too wide for the corridor, so we fixed that up by changing one of the angles to swing everything into place to match the preferred length.


We used that saw pictured above to chop off the ends. It has a laser built in to it which helps line up the saw to the angle we want it to cut in to the wood.

Afterwards we added the supports on either end of each piece and screwed all the pieces in to place, and now we have our two separate sections. For tomorrow, we can start fixing the decking over the top and start decorating the decking to complete the floor. We could also start testing bits of the program on the floor as well.




I'm so proud of my group right now. I think we're progressing faster than I anticipated on this project. I thought we'd be VERY tight on time since we've made this project so big for us with the construction, deadline, and all; so I'm very glad that our timing is pretty good for this. Things also seem to be falling right in to place at the right time as well. I'm confident that we can get this done to a fine standard and ensure all group members a good pass.








I also played an interpretation of Jenna's blind drawing on my instrument from the last project, as required.

Here's the URL for it so that you can have a listen:

Jenna's Blind Drawing
(Also pictured below)


No comments:

Post a Comment