Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Design: Day 1

Some inspiration of business cards that really stand out. I don't want to make a boring flat piece of paper. It should be more interesting than that or else nobody is going to remember your contacts. So for me I'll probably try to stay away from conventional, flat rectangles.

I drew up some really quick sketches that were to do with hairstyling/hairdressing first to find all my options at the beginning.


Then I picked out my favourite ones to expand on to see what I could do with them visually.



After that I began to plan out some concepts, but first I wanted to get some inspiration on making interesting business cards as opposed to a boring rectangle with text on it that maybe has a tiny little picture which does nothing to make it more interesting on it.

There were several different cards which I thought were really interesting. I think they're quite charming too, so if I ever got one of these given to me I wouldn't throw it away. I want my cards to be like that; something people would want to keep and remember.

This is a fold-out one which I really like. It feels warm and at home because it has a 3D look due to the fold-out and because the graphics is in a hand-drawn style which makes it more personal. (Venus, 2008)


This cut-out one is very relevant to the person I chose. (Betterprint, 2011) I did the hairstylist/hairdresser one. I like this one because it lets the person you're giving it to add their personal touch to the card. I think it really relates to hairdressing other the cutting action since when you go get a haircut you add your own personal touch to your style by telling your hairdresser what you want.


I thought this one was lovely because the card actually does what the client does: puts things back together. (Mail Digi, 2009)


I like how the fold-out in the middle makes the flat space of the card work for it here. (Ivan, 2008)






These ones are just delicious. (McKenna, 2009) Business cards made of food for chefs, bakers, cooks, and so on would be perfect. It's like giving a little sample of what your food tastes like. So if somebody liked the taste of your business card they'd HAVE to remember you and come back for another taste.







__________________________________________________________________

Betterprint. (2011). Betterprint: Business Card Hall of Fame. Retrieved August 24, 2011, from http://betterprint.tumblr.com/page/2

Ivan. (2008). Cool business card designs, Part 2. Retrieved August 24, 2011, from http://creativebits.org/cool_business_card_designs_part_2

Mail Digi. (2009). Creative Business Cards. Retrieved August 24, 2011, from http://maildigi.com/creative-business-cards/

McKenna, J. (2009). 52 More Unique Business Card Designs. Retrieved August 24, 2011, from http://www.reencoded.com/2009/02/18/54-more-unique-business-card-designs/

Venus. (2008). 20 Clever and Creative Business Card Designs - Part 3. Retrieved August 24, 2011, from http://www.crookedbrains.net/2008/08/interesting-and-creative-business-cards.html


No comments:

Post a Comment