Friday, August 26, 2011

Design: Crit Session + new brief





Here's my finals for the business cards.



I'm quite pleased with how they turned out, other than a few things that I didn't like about them.

Today was the crit session and I have to agree with the feedback that the typography is in fact on the weak side. I think I definitely could have done more with the type and experimented more with the type. In the concepts and developments the typography was never sketched out and were just placed with squiggles to show where the type is going. I think it may have been more beneficial for me to actually write in the typography in normal handwriting just to see how it would look. I think that would work with me better so that I can see what's happening with the type and the possibilities on how to use it more easily.

I think I also need more practice with Illustrator, I'll have to use it more to fully understand how it works and not rely on PhotoShop so much to do these designs.

Overall, it was a reasonably good effort and this exercise showed me what I need to pay attention to more for our new brief and specific weak points that I need to focus on when designing.


As for the new brief I have to admit that I am disappointed that it leads on from our previous project. I was hoping to break away from the last project and do something new and fresh. Nonetheless, effort 100% as always whether I like the brief or not. For this one, I'm hoping to incorporate origami into making the CD packaging, which could get interesting. More research on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment