Monday, September 12, 2011

Thin Card - Fold


Folded up the crease patterns today and here's all my halves of each box. 10 in total.

I haven't sliced the bottoms yet. In stiffening fabric, one way is the paint glue or a mixture of water and glue over the fabric. This makes the fabric really hard and the glue would dry clear. I've decided that to add strength to the sides I would paint glue over it as a prevention against ripped sides. I'm thinking that maybe I don't have to slice off the entire bottom either. I think maybe only slice off a small area in the middle and leave the rest on. That remaining surface would be a good place to join the halves together without having to make an extra band to put them together. The advantage to this is that since you'd still have that area on the side as a separation on the inside, you can now use the packaging to put two CDs in, which I think is good for my theme on sustainability.

No comments:

Post a Comment