Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sliced bottom

Bottomless tato viewed from the top.

What it looks like inside.




I had an idea on how to fix the problem about the pleating not being the same. I thought, why don't I draw up a standard tato design and just slice off the bottom afterwards? This way the pleating at the top would still be perfect for all my aforementioned requirements while still being bottomless.

So I spent the day designing a new crease pattern to fit the CD inside and changed the height of it so that it won't be really bulky when the two halves are joined together.

This still isn't perfect though. I found that when I sliced off the bottom the folds on the sides began to rip a little. It might be because printer paper isn't good paper for strength. Either way, there has to be a way around this.

No comments:

Post a Comment