Monday, June 17, 2013

Layering and Urgh

Put together a layering tutorial for Edrian. I tried to make a photoshop action to speed things up. However, many of the steps need human input. The problem is photoshop doesn't let you do human input for these steps so I couldn't make a photoshop action that works for what we're doing. So I made this video tutorial instead that shows him how to do it.

The intersection problem in the middle has been fixed. It's now done in a way so that there's an equal amount of cyan, magenta, and yellow.


Let's explain the urgh. I'm actually annoyed that things aren't being done at the speed I want it to. And a huge part of it is because the original set up of the project made the entire process much, much slower than it should be. Hard and fast decisions weren't being made. What happens when decisions aren't made? Things don't get done. And what happens when things don't get done? Nothing happens. No progress, no nothing. We're better now, but I wish we got here sooner so that we ran into problems sooner. Then we could refine things further and improve everything. An example is how our project is about being physical as opposed to relying on something digital for interaction. Does the fact that a lot of the material we created use digital software contradict this? I think this is something that needs to be addressed in my exegesis.


No comments:

Post a Comment