Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Final Post

Final blog post before assessment.

Haven't blogged in a while, mainly because it's mostly been preparations for the final assessment.

For my part I got the writing that explains the methods we used in a little booklet. It was hard to write something that explains things without being really formal and essay-like, but I got it in the end. It took several tries.

On the first try I tried writing it in poems and rhymes. It was nice, but I don't think it brings the point across clearly enough. Next I tried a fantastical style of speech. The kind that you imagine some prophecy would say in a fantasy setting. It seemed really unnatural though, given that this is a small book with child-like drawings. The third go was better. I made up a harsh character that tells you what to do in the game. This is a character and guide that the kid dreamt up. However, it didn't fit the childlike aspect. Not that children can't dream of terrible things, but more like because the character is very harsh and rude with quite a foul mouth. The final choice I did stick with was a simple voice that guides you and tells you a little more about the methods. With just enough detail for you to form your own judgements. From that I learned that sometimes less is more. You don't have to do anything really fancy. Sometimes going overboard with fanciness ends up not achieving what you want to put across.

Anyways, best of luck to all groups. I've heard about other groups doing some really amazing things. So on opening night I'll definitely be there to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment