Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Circuit Bending: Intro



Over the weekend I bought one of the JayCar kits for the soundchip. I got the siren one and later I got the cricket one as well in case I mess up on the siren, so at least I'll have a spare. It was quite fun putting it together. In the instructions it tells you how to change the pitch and how fast the hee-haw sound goes as well.

I also did a tiny bit of research over the weekend about circuit bending to see what it's about. So I found a little tutorial on instructables and a pretty detailed explanation on how to circuit bend on another website. I'll probably refer to these a lot if I get lost. One thing that I'd really like to try is body contact. I'm not sure if this is possible, but maybe joining multiple circuits together to see what happens.

We got introduced to various components today as well. I don't know anything about those so I'm likely to ask around if I don't know anything and probably get Tom T to help, since he's really good at this sort of thing.





We made some mics today, which was fun for me since I actually like soldering. I'm planning to make a couple more for next week's project over the weekend as well.

Did some short recordings. I didn't like them though, because they weren't interesting enough so I didn't save anything. One was scissors snapping together, table scrape, tapping, and the computer fan. For some reason they sounded really similar. Maybe if I use a larger piezo disc the effect would be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment