Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Networks: Filming first day

Did some filming for the storyboard we have at the moment. For example, the intro and snippets of the characters' re-enactments of events.

At the moment I think there's still a lack of clarity in what we're filming. I think it's because we didn't follow most of the storyboard if we did so at all. I thought that was a bit of a problem because in my view storyboards essentially are a plan of what you're going to do. It gives a guide on what to film and how to film it, allowing for minor alterations when you get to the location.

The very root to this problem is that most of us individually had a different vision of the film in our heads. I think I should have let Ben do the storyboard instead since he had the clearest idea of what he wanted in the film (hence why he's the director), that way there's consistency between storyboard and idea of director. This is where we went wrong in my point of view.


On that note, I think I need to alter my approach a bit in working in groups. I need to sort out roles of people not according to whether they want to take up a particular role or not but to the person who's more suited for the role and able to bring maximum efficiency in taking that rule. With that in mind this would be decided on these factors: skill-level in said role, certainty in what they're doing and how would the individual affect other members if I put them in that role.

I also need to refrain from hogging all the work. I find that I have a habit of taking the work-intensive roles, which is actually counter-productive. This is because if you do all the roles which require a lot of time put into it efficiency goes down because you need to finish doing ONE thing before beginning your next task. It's much better to split these roles between members so that you can start on these difficult jobs all at once. Group linked roles on to one person, so that you get a nice flow. That would save a lot of explaining and redoing everything and this way you don't have two areas of your group work being hindered because one person is doing two completely unrelated, but difficult roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment